Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cedar Creek Park

Today's venture was to Cedar Creek Park in Seaford.  This park has a lot to offer, although I must admit, I was primarily interested in the path from the park to Jones Beach.  When I was a kid, I always wondered how the bikers and joggers got to the path that led to the beach.  Now I know!  The paved trail originates in Cedar Creek Park and extends approximately 4.5 miles to Jones Beach.  The path runs close and parallel to the Wantagh Parkway which can be a little unnerving since there are no major barriers between the path and parkway.

The weather was picture perfect today and the path was in full use.  There were joggers, runners, roller bladers, and cyclists.  The cyclists had every seat and contraption available for hauling kiddies making it a true family affair for them.  I was the only Nordic walker!  That's okay though.  I really enjoy my Nordic walking poles and don't plan on running unless I'm being chased...which I hope doesn't happen.

I couldn't resist bringing my camera with me today, but it was a bit difficult using walking poles and trying to manage the camera.  I kept my camera stowed on the trip out and put it around my neck for the walk back.  I did a little over 3 miles.  I would love to go back and up the mileage.

Click on these links to learn more about the park and the path:

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/parks/wheretogo/active/cedarcreek.html

http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/JonesBeach_5602.asp

Here are some pix from today...all natural today with no in camera effects or post production.


















No comments:

Post a Comment