Total Pageviews

Friday, September 7, 2012

Sands Point Preserve: The Shoreline

It was quite thrilling to emerge from the trail to the shoreline through the shroud of trees.  It was quite rocky and I had to watch my step; some of the rocks were actually loose!  When I looked back toward the land, I could see almost straight up the cliff in some spots.  




In the picture below, I used burst mode to capture the motion of the water against the rocks.



You can see the power of my zoom lens in the second photo below.  In the first photo, there are actually birds on those wooden pylons in the water.


Now you can see him better!  In my ongoing attempt to name the birds in my pictures, he is a double crested cormorant.



The Sands Point Preserve is just a lovely place to visit and there is a lot of variety in what it has to offer.  If you are ever in the area, you really should make a point to spend some time there; you will not be disappointed.  Please click on the following link to learn more about the Sands Point Preserve:

No comments:

Post a Comment