Total Pageviews

Monday, September 3, 2012

Sands Point Preserve: The Estate

Yesterday I went to the Sands Point Preserve on the north shore of Long Island.  The first thing that I saw when I pulled in to the preserve and parked my car was this estate building.


It looks like a castle!  As per the website, this building is named Hempstead House and was built by Howard Gould and became the home of Daniel and Florence Guggenheim in 1917.  Can you see a couple of birds flying on the right side of the turret?  I can't even imagine what it would have been like to live here!  


When I shot this next photo, I happened to have the pink color in my camera from a color swap that I did about two weeks ago.  I used it again in this shot for the clouds and then created two more shots in post production, one overexposed and one underexposed.  I then blended all three shots together to create this fake HDR image.


Over the next several days, I will be posting more photos from my day at Sands Point Preserve, so please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment