Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sand Point Preserve: The Trails

There were 6 trails indicated on the map at the Sands Point Preserve.  There were a few additional numbers and letters on the trail markers, but since they were not indicated on the map, I did not want to take any chances.  I'm a pretty good map reader, but sometimes trails can be tricky and often times they all look alike.  For these reasons, I was a little hesitant of venturing out on my own, but all was fine.  The trails at Sands Point were actually much shorter than some trails at other preserves and there seemed to be more in the way of landmarks.  Plus, the trail markers were very clear and there was also an indication of how long the trail was before entering.  This was also good to know if you wanted to keep track of how far you were walking for fitness purposes.  There were some mild changes in terrain which was nice.  I was surprised that dogs were allowed on the preserve.  There were quite a few pooches taking in the trails with their people.  Here are some pix from the trails:


Heading down toward the trails


I was on the lookout, but did not see any :(


I felt very adventurous here!

And here too!

Reflections

The most curvy tree trunk I ever saw!

Another reflection



Sticking out like a sore thumb!

The trail that leads to the shoreline

Reflections, Part III

Feeling adventurous again!

This is my kind of obstacle!


Reflections, again!

Tomorrow, some pix from the shoreline!




No comments:

Post a Comment