Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Theodore Roosevelt Nature Sanctuary: Part II

Here is the Great Horned Owl...what a beautiful bird!  Owls just look so intense and pensive.  Their eyes are so phenomenal and expressive.






I took 371 pictures yesterday!  This is not uncommon when I am out shooting for the day.  I'm so thankful for digital since I would never be able to afford the film and processing for that amount of photos.  Also, not all of my shots are winners.  I am still playing with going out of Auto at times as well as working through issues with focus, lighting, etc.  I definitely will have winners like the above photos though given the volume of shots that I take.  The lesson here is to just keep experimenting and taking pictures...lots of pictures!


Update: I just had to figure this out.  A low ball estimate of film and processing for yesterday's outing would have been a minimum of $150.00!!!


You can read about the Great Horned Owl here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Horned_Owl

Thanks to Cindy for the correction.  I had this owl listed as the Barred Owl, but it is in fact the Great Horned Owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment