Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Penny for Your Thoughts...

 Here's Penny.  Of course you can't tell in B&W, but she was truly the color of a penny.  This photo is easily over 30 years old.  It was probably taken with my Minolta SRT 201 and I developed it myself since I had my own darkroom at the time.  I know I am dating myself here!  




I scanned the original photo and enhanced it.  You can see that the enhanced image has subtle differences in brightness and contrast which you can especially see around her eye, muzzle area, and upper body.  



Here is an example of post production drawing mode.  The program essentially draws your photo with a stroke thickness that you choose.  Although I used to love working in my darkroom, I must admit that the instant gratification of digital photography and post production software is right up my alley.  Plus, no cost for film, developing, or supplies!  



Now I must say a few words about my beloved Penny.  What an outstanding dog. She was gentle and kind with kids, a great watchdog, and very smart.  She loved to have her nails filed and would lift her paws up whenever the nail file was taken out.  As big and brave as she was though, she was scared of fireworks and car rides requiring tranquilizers.  I don't remember what she was looking at out the window, but she always had that intelligent, pensive gaze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment