Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My First Collage

I wanted to try something a little different with my pix today, and I thought why not try a collage.  A collage is a different way to display photos with a common theme.  I have been taking so many nature shots lately, that I decided to try the collage with some of my recent bird photos.  I never really gave much thought to birds before, but since I have been taking a lot of photos of them lately, I have started to become much more interested in them.  I plan to start looking up the names of the birds that I have photographed and add the names into my posts.  Anyway, I searched on the internet for a free collage making program, and there are quite a few of them.  Some you use directly via the internet and some are actual programs that are downloadable.  I downloaded a program called CollageIt, and it was very intuitive and easy to use.  In a couple of minutes, my collage was ready.  The hardest part was trying to figure out which photos that I wanted to use.  You get to pick from several pre-defined collage templates and you can choose how many photographs you would like to use in your collage.  I did have to shuffle the photos around a bit and change some of the size settings with the sliders to get the optimal fit for each photo in the collage boxes.  This particular program, although touted as free, is watermarked as you can see.  To upgrade to the full version, there is a fee and some extra features are included for the price.




When your collage is completed to your liking, you can export the file as a jpg, and save it on your computer.  After that, you can decide what you would like to do with it.  You can share it via the computer as I am doing here, you can e-mail it, or print it out.  If you have some pictures from vacation, family gatherings, parties, etc., why not give a collage a try.  A collage is another option for sharing your photos, so have some fun with it.  

Here is a link to download CollageIt: 
http://www.collageitfree.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment