Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

THE ARCHITECT OF TIME

Yesterday morning I went into the back yard and right away I spotted a huge spider web.  It had to be close to 3' by 3'.  Now I am certainly no bug lover, but I do appreciate the artistry of a spider web.  I ran and got my camera to snap a shot of it.  I was kind of hoping there was a spider in it to zoom in on, but no such luck.  The lighting was a tad bright and the web was swaying a little in the gentle breeze.  I did manage to get this pic though.  I was hoping to go back later to see if spidy came back and to see if the lighting was any better.  Sadly, when I returned several hours later, the web was gone; like it had never been there at all.  All that hard work...poof!  I asked my good friend Tom, a writer, to capture this picture and event in prose.  I hope you enjoy his poem as much as I did, and if you are a fan of reading and writing, please visit his blog, TOM'S WRITING CORNER, tjvbutch.blogspot.com




THE ARCHITECT OF TIME

BY THOMAS VENTRELLI
                                                 
A SPIDER SPINS ITS WEB
SO INTRICATE AND FINE
WEAVING IN AND OUT
AN ARCHITECT OF TIME
IT IS WITH GREAT ENDEAVOR
THIS TINY THING CREATES
A SYMPHONY OF GEOMETRY
NATURE'S STATE OF GRACE
BUT WITH THE WINDS OF CHANGE
THE WORK FOREVER GONE
NATURE'S LITTLE ARCHITECT
BEGINS ANOTHER DAWN
TO WEAVE AND SPIN ANOTHER DAY
A BEAUTIFUL DESIGN
OH WHAT FRAILTY OF ITS WORLD
THE ENDLESS ARCHITECT OF TIME.

Thank you Tom!

5 comments:

  1. Lynn your pictures are so inspiring, it is so easy to write when the subject matter is brilliant. When I saw that web picture, it grabbed me like a caught fly and wouldn't let me go. Now I know what it's like to feel a photograph. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo, and poem. The spider needs to focus a bit more though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tom. Your poem really made it. You are able to articulate an incomplete thought in my head that I cannot even begin to speak.

    Thanks Steve...maybe he got tired. You had the see the size of that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exellent kudos to both of you

    ReplyDelete