Total Pageviews

Friday, August 24, 2012

Eisenhower Park Turtle

As far as I'm concerned, I can never take too many photos of the same type of subject.  Whether it is birds, bunnies, flowers, turtles, etc., they are all different.  Sure, they may seem the same at first, but when you look closer, you will notice or feel something different.  At least I will, because I will remember when and where I took the photo, the conditions of the scene, and my attempt to get that perfect shot.  And what is a perfect shot, you might ask.  Well, I guess for me it would be to capture something outstanding about that moment in time and to be able to share it.  Check out this turtle that was at the lake in Eisenhower Park last weekend.  



I think this turtle has a very distinctive, almost regal facial expression.  He stood his ground as I photographed him from only several feet away while his little companion ducked back into the water.  I love the way I can see the texture of the skin on the top of his head and the way the color of his eye pops.  I think his eye is quite a marvel.  This photo was taken with the Canon SX 40HS, and contrast was adjusted with GIMP and Adobe Lightroom.  I just got the free trial of Adobe Lightroom this evening and I will be experimenting with it over the next 30 days.

4 comments:

  1. Lynn you are so right in saying the turtle has a royal air about him...I can almost imagine a crown on him...lol...his eyes are beautiful and his coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I could learn how to airbrush in a crown. Lol. That would be cute!

      Delete
    2. Maybe I could learn how to airbrush in a crown. Lol. That would be cute!

      Delete
  2. I feel bad for the turtle.. It's getting cold and the pond is filled with a lot of garbage recently ;(

    ReplyDelete