Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Little Sparrow

This little sparrow was hanging out with his 
buddy on top of the shed in my backyard yesterday.  I did tweak him a wee bit with GIMP.  I am just learning how to use GIMP, and I will try to share some of what I learn as this blog develops.  As you can see, the background is quite washed out.  It started out as a very pale blue.  A future goal is to learn how to change or add backgrounds in GIMP.  This photo was taken with the Canon SX 40 HS.  This little sparrow stayed in one place for a while giving me a chance to photograph him.  I tried to look up what type of sparrow this is, but there are about 19 types native to this area and they kind of look alike to me right now.  I keep saying 'he', but he may very well be a 'she'.  If anyone knows what type he is, please post.  The cardinal and robin did not want to hang out as long, so they were just a blur.  I find it a challenge to focus before they fly away.  I tried to use continuous shooting when possible.  Since I really enjoy taking pix of animals, nature, etc., I hope to learn more about the birds in the area.  As they say, "There's an app for that!"  (Audubon Birds of Central Park - Free for a limited time at the App Store).

No comments:

Post a Comment