Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cold Spring Harbor-Main Street

After the fish hatchery yesterday, Cindy and I made our way into the downtown area of Cold Spring Harbor.  On our way, we stopped at a little pier that you could drive up to.  There were some guys fishing from the pier, and others were just taking in the view.  For me, it was all about the view and snapping some pix.  About another half mile up the road and we were in the center of town, on Main Street, of course, where we met Amy and Carey. The whole downtown area was probably less than a quarter of a mile long.  All of the shops were very traditional looking, and I felt like I was on vacation far from home.  No chain stores allowed!  We ate lunch at a very quaint little place with all of half a dozen tables that oozed with small town charm.  It was named the Gourmet Whale. After lunch we walked to a small park right on the water's edge.  There were some people relaxing in chairs and on blankets, picnicking, and reading.  There were also several benches to relax and take in the view.  It was very quiet, peaceful, and scenic.  We continued down Main Street browsing in the little shops. The weather was beautiful and it was just a glorious day to be outside.  



Ay...where's my head?

Ah, that's better!


Come back tomorrow for Part 3 of Cold Spring Harbor.  I  have one photo left which is my first  panorama image taken from the little park that I mentioned.




No comments:

Post a Comment