Total Pageviews

Friday, August 17, 2012

Metamorphosis



Let's see how using a graphic image manipulation program can transform your photographs.  In this example, I have used GIMP to transform a photo of a butterfly into three very different photographs.









The first altered image was completed using the 'seamless' option.  The second image used 'funky colors'.  The third image used the circle maker' option.  In addition to using GIMP to correct your images, you can also get creative.  I especially like the circle maker for this particular photo; it is quite unique.

Feel free to play with your photos and explore all that GIMP has to offer.  You can always undo an effect if you do not like it without risk of ruining your original photo.  If you alter your photo and like the result, you can save it several ways.  I choose to use the 'export' function and save as a jpg image.

2 comments:

  1. Lynn your pictures are amazing...I just love your postings, not only do we get beautiful pictures, but informative matter about the cameras you use. And Lynn you are correct the circle maker in this butterfly pic really works well. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom...you always have such kind words. My next step for this pic will be to delete the white background behind the circle. Now, I better get to today's post before the rest of the day escapes me!

    ReplyDelete