Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Now You See It...Now You Don't!

It is very recently that I began using GIMP.  Although I consider myself somewhat computer savvy, I was totally intimidated by all of the terminology, menus, and sub menus within the program.  Since I have been experimenting with the program at my own pace, I have become much more comfortable with it, and I feel free to experiment and learn.  I taught myself how to correct my photos by using the clone tool.  It was surprisingly easy.  Give it a try!





You can see that there is a piece of grass by the bird's eye.  I used the cone tool in GIMP to pick up the coloring of the bird's head close to the where the grass is, and used the airbrush tool to go over the grass.  You can see the result in the photo below.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lynn very cool...how do yo get these pics?...if i was taking a picture the damn bird wold hear e and fly away...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds are hard because they don't always stay still for very long. It can be quite a challenge to get the shot in focus before they take off. A good size telephoto lens helps and sometimes I also use continuous shooting mode.

    ReplyDelete